CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.03.2012

Summer Blog Challenge, Day 3

Going Green with the Grizls

Today's challenge is to write 15 interesting facts about myself...

  1. I am a baby wearing, cloth diapering, and breastfeeding advocate... if you get me talking about any of those topics you might as well sit down, grab a cup of coffee and take notes!
  2. I was in a Christian blues band in high school, I played guitar and sang back up for one of the greatest singers I know.... Dave Foraker. Look him up, you won't regret it!
  3. I "met" my husband at 17, got engaged at 18, married him at 19... and at 24 I'm still completely head over heels for him. (Fyi, we actually went to school together our entire lives but never really talked to each other before this!)
  4. I'm a Jesus Freak. It's actually a lot more complicated than that, but to make a grand love story short... I'm  a child of God, I adore Him, I praise Him, I ignore Him when I should listen to Him, I sin just like anyone else... but I am a follower of Christ nonetheless. Doesn't make me perfect, it's just who I am. A Jesus Freak.
  5. I used to be a singer/songwriter, but I very rarely pick up my guitar anymore. Have you ever tried playing a guitar with a toddler crawling all over you? It's not easy!
  6. I have an addiction to owls. They're adorable... and my poor daughter is surrounded by toys, clothes, blankets, room decor, etc with owls on them! Sorry Boogie!
  7. When I "grow up" (because really... most days I don't feel like a grown up) I want to be a doula and a lactation consultant. 
  8. I have had some major fashion disasters in my lifetime... went through a goth/punk/weird tomboy stage in high school, then a hippy/tye-dye shirt/flowy skirt stage the first 2 years I was with Justin... and now I wear what's comfortable. Sometimes that's still my flowy hippy skirts (although they are pretty flipping fantastic when you're pregnant), but I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of mom now.
  9. I'm a size 16 girl... even while I'm pregnant (because I'm a freak of nature and lose weight instead of gain weight... how does that even happen?) and I'm really comfortable with that. I like my curves, I like who I am... and my husband loves me as I am. Sure... I have flaws that I'd love to change, but that's not one of them I would change drastically. 
  10. I love to read. I've read 4 books just this week... seriously. I'm a book nerd.
  11. My favorite time of day is after Boogie's nap when all she wants is for mommy to hold her close and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while she wakes up a little better. I get more snuggles and kisses in those few moments than any other time of the day!
  12. Despite being horribly sick with Boogie and already feeling like I have a bowling ball sitting in my crotch (sorry) this go around... I love being pregnant. I love feeling movements, I love that in this short 9 months that the baby is ALL mine... I'm the only one who can feel this baby, who feeds this baby, etc. It's wonderful.
  13. I'm going to be a home school mom... call me crazy, but I'm pretty excited about it.
  14. My home is covered in photographs... I love walking into every room and having pictures of my daughter and husband to stare at. So many memories, so little wall space!
  15. I don't have many friends... really right now, I might have 2. Sometimes it bums me out, but other times, like lately... I'm glad. I'd rather focus on my children then whether or not someone cares to keep me around.



1 comment:

Smiling Wife said...

Hi Sarah! I am really enjoying your blog! We have alot in common!(owls, doula, reading, loving pregnancy in spite of horrible sickness, homeschooling, cloth diapering and Jesus!) It's been fun reading your blog, and it has really encouraged me. Just thought I would let you know! I just started my blog. My little girl was born July 1st. My water broke while I was finishing my 2nd post. :) I joined in on the Summer Blog Challenge and I am hoping that it helps me to make a habit of blogging. :) Anyway, thanks for your inspiration!