CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

7.13.2010

Isla Lilyann Isla Hope Isla Grace Isla WHAT?

So we've been settled on a boy's name since we found out we were pregnant pretty much... Cooper Frank. Frank is very special to our family because it's my grandfather's name. Isla's middle name on the other hand has been nothing but trouble... is that an omen? LOL JK! We liked the name Isla Lilyann to begin with, but after a while I felt like it didn't flow very well. Then we started talking about using Grace, Hope, Faith or Joy... but although they are biblical and remind me of my amazing Father in heaven... they just didn't feel right. So I started doing some searching... and I came across Moriah. I wasn't crazy about it until I read the description... Moriah means "the Lord is my teacher" and it is also speculated that the land of Moriah in biblical times was the mountainous region that Abraham was told by God to take his son Isaac and sacrifice him. If you know the story, then you know that God stopped Abraham and provided a ram (or was it a sheep) to be sacrificed instead. Abraham's obedience showed the Lord that he remained faithful to the Lord no matter the circumstances. Moriah is a pretty powerful name I think, it might just be a great reminder that no matter where our life leads us, we should remain faithful and obedient to the Lord.... so Isla Moriah Massey.... if you are in fact Isla and not Mr. Cooper... you have officially been named :)

No comments: