CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.15.2009

So Here We Go....

It's taken me a long time to figure out who I am, who I want to be, and who God created me to be. I'm still not completely there, but I guess you could say that in a way I get glimpses of who I will be. My job doesn't describe who I am, nor does my residence, my family or even my husband for that matter. If you don't know me.... this includes talking to me a few times or knowing of me.... if you don't TRULY know me, then you haven't a faintest clue of who I am. Sometimes I think people get wrapped up in thinking they know someone inside and out without ever actually having a heart to heart conversation with them. They know FACTS... such as "She's a freshman at NC State" or "She got married right after high school" or even "He used to drink." That's now who any of these people are..... those are things they've done... things that they have experienced but in no way does it describe who they are. There are so many people out there who think they know who I am, they assume that since they have been in my life and experienced different events with me that they know who I am. You're probably asking yourself.... what the heck is this girl talking about!?!?! Let me ask you this..... do you know who you are? Do you know who you truly are? Or are you just a girl who got married after high school.... or a guy who used to drink? I used to be that person.... I told myself that I was that girl who got married young... the girl who used to play music and sing in the hallways at school. I was that girl who dropped out of college... but I'm not. These are things that I've DONE. Want to know who I am? I'm still learning that myself.... but this is what I have so far. I'm an unbelievably UNWORTHY child of God. I am a woman who loves this crazy dorky man and doesn't care what anyone thinks about that! I am a woman who is going to be a mommy someday, who is going to cherish every moment with her children and teach them that a Jewish carpenter named Jesus gave His life to save their beautiful souls. I don't just think I am that person.... I KNOW that's who I am.... what I've done in my life (right or wrong) doesn't describe who I am. My relationship with Jesus Christ does.... and the paths I take THROUGH Him describe who I am..... So let me ask you again. Do you know who YOU are?

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

Well said, my sweet friend. I want to be like you when I grow up!!! I love you!