CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.28.2009

Montreat, How I Love You!

::Cue theme music... bum bum bum bum!::

If you have never been to Montreat, then stop reading! Hop in your car, and go! I promise you won't regret it! Every summer, I say, "I am NOT coming back... I cannot work another DAY in Montreat!" But alas.... I ALWAYS come back! Ha! Let me give you a little background before I announce my exciting news ;-)...

After I graduated high school, I started my first semester of college and Montreat. I was terrified, excited... and NOT ready. I had just moved into an apartment with my hubby to be, trying to work full time and go to school. What was I thinking? But no regrets. Sadly, I didn't finish my semester, I chose between spending a few last moments with my Papaw or finishing school. My conclusion? I can ALWAYS go back to school... but I cannot get those precious moments with my Papaw back. So here I am, 3 years later sitting in the AB Tech library. I went back to school... I'm enjoying my classes, but this place just doesn't feel right. So... cue music again... I'm transferring to Montreat! Woo! In January, I will be a Montreat student yet again, and I am stoked! I'm excited about going to chapel on Tuesdays and Thursdays, getting involved with Young Life and etc! I'm still going for Elementary Education, but it will be 5 minutes from home (as of right now), a familiar place, but most importantly... a Christian college with professors who are uplifting. I will be surrounded by God's beauty, and by familiar faces, so yay!

I'm very excited if you hadn't figured that out by now, I feel like I am following God's path for me. I want to stay at AB Tech because it's sooo much cheaper, but I know that's not what I should be doing. I have faith that Christ will get me through, and that eventually all of my lovely school loans will get paid off... that's one thing I do NOT look forward too. Ick.

So, if you are reading, please pray for me! This is a huge step for my husband and I financially and spiritually... but we are ready to take the challenge! Until next time, I bid you adieu...

No comments: