CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

7.16.2012

Summer Blog Challenge, Day 41-46

Going Green with the Grizls

Day 41: Share 5 or 10 of your favorite blogs or websites.

  1.  The Pioneer Woman: She is AWESOME! Lots of fabulous recipes, tips and outside bloggers write about homeschooling, photography, etc.
  2. Life Happens During Naptime: This is a friend of mine who has two (soon to be three!) little boys... she's a fellow babywearer and I love to read her blog entries. She's not blogging right now, but I promise if you go back through you'll thoroughly enjoy reading!
  3. Chunky and Monkey, MD: This is another friend of mine who is training to be a doctor, she's currently a resident and has lately been working with NICU at the hospital she's with right now. She rights lots of informational blog entries and her husband has been doing  a lot of posts on their boys and some fantastic giveaways!
  4. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!: This is a blogger who has two girls, one is just a few weeks younger than Boogie. I love reading her blogs about her kids, it's neat seeing someone else's toddler grow and develop!
  5. Homemade by Jill: This blogger has a ton of tutorials for various crafts and she has three of the CUTEST kids I have ever seen!
  6. Motherhood and Miscellany: Yes, another friend of mine, lol! She has three beautiful girls and I love reading about their adventures visiting family and the fun things her girls get into playing at home!

Day 42: Talk about a favorite vacation you have taken.

I'll share two... because really, vacation is SO much more fun when you take your kids with you! The first would have to be mine and J's honeymoon. We went to Okaloosa Island (which is between Okaloosa Island and Destin), Florida. It was SO beautiful! We have since gone back one time, but not with Boogie. We hope to take Boogie and Bubby sometime in 2014 when they are both old enough to enjoy it!

Second would be our family trip with the Flint Monsters to Pigeon Forge, TN last year when Boogie was about 3 months old. We went on all kinds of adventures and it was a BLAST!


Day 43: Then & now photos of you.

This is me in 2005, a year before I graduated (and started dating my hubby!)

And this was in May of this year, I was 10 weeks pregnant with Bubby


Day 44: One piece of advice you want to give to your child

There are so many things I want to teach my children, but one of the BIGGEST things is to stand up for what you believe in. As my mother would assure you, I have never had a problem doing that. I fought to show the people in my church that casual dress (jeans, t-shirts, sneakers) were just as acceptable for Sunday morning service as dressy clothes. I co-started a devotional group in high school to bring more people to Christ, and I could go on... I want my children to hold strong in their beliefs and to know that in every way possible they should stand up for those beliefs.


Day 45: Got any good makeup tips/routines?

LMBO! Right... you do not want or need any makeup tips or routines from me! I rarely wear makeup, it's just not something I'm into. I do wear for church and dates occasionally... and I MIGHT put on mascara for pictures! HA!


Day 46: Favorite room in your house.

Boogie's Room... how could you not love a room full of puzzles, baby dolls, toys, etc? It's a room of GREAT FUN!


No comments: