CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.05.2012

Summer Blog Challenge, Days 57-66

Going Green with the Grizls

Day 57: Write up something about an alternative energy source.

Ummm... don't have much knowledge about this type of thing... but I'd love to get solar panels on our future home!


Day 58: When was the last time you "roughed it"?

Ha! Probably in high school when we had this massive storm from the after effects of a hurricane off the coast (we are in the mountains). The storms caused massive flooding and the reservoir where our drinking water comes from was contaminated.... so that meant no showering for well over a week unless you boiled the water first. (It was not only unsafe to drink but we were under a water restriction as well). I'd like to NEVER do that again!


Day 59: How does your life measure up to the vision you had when you were younger?

I think it's much better. As a child/teenager I thought I'd be working as a youth pastor or a teacher, married, with a house of my own, and one or two kids at this point. I have the husband of my dreams, one child and another on the way... and I get to do the best job in the world! Stay home with my kids! So it may not be exactly what I dreamed about way back when... and I'd love to have a house of my own right now, but everything is just the way it should be.


Day 60: Are you an artist?? Show some artwork or doodling you've done. Don't do art, share something you like then.

LMBO! Right... I like anything by Van Gogh... he's awesome.


Day 61: Post a black and white photo you've taken.

I did NOT take this picture, our wonderful photographer did.... but it is by far my FAVORITE!!!!



Day 62: hare an idea for a handmade gift to give to someone else.

For Christmas, I am going to make Justin's grandmother a family tree. Basically I'm painting a tree (just the trunk and branches) on a canvas and putting two love birds at the top to represent her and her husband. Then we will have all the family put their thumbprints on the branches for leaves. :)


Day 63: What's one feature you would have to have in your dream home?

There are so many things I'd love to have.... but a must have this point in our life is a PLAY ROOM of some sort. A basement to play in, an additional bedroom. SOMEWHERE to keep all these toys!


Day 64: What helps you get through meltdowns?

Depends on the day. Some days meltdowns don't bother me and I just get through it and love her anyways. Other days I eat chocolate. Lots of chocolate.


Day 65: What is your favorite article of clothing?

When I'm not pregnant I love my boyfriend jeans from Old Navy. When I AM pregnant I'm loving my full belly panel shorts from Old Navy. 


Day 66:  What's your dream job?

Stay at home mom.... and I've got that job ;-)







No comments: