CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.14.2012

Zzzzz...

When I was pregnant with Boogie, I was tired all. the. time. Not only was I tired, but I was sick all. the time.   I never got that boost of energy you hear about in second trimester, and although I did "nest" at the end of second trimester and the beginning of third, it took a lot out of me getting her room ready and everything. This time around, as soon as I hit about 14 weeks and my nausea went away I found so much energy! I got the house clean EVERY day! Dinner was cooked when J got home... it was amazing. Now I'm 25 weeks and 2 days and two weeks away from third trimester, and I have no energy. None. Nadda. Zilch. And the timing is awful.

I've mentioned it before, but this is my last semester at the local community college and I'll finally be done with my Associate's Degree (just general education). I'm taking TWO Biology classes and a literature class, because that is ALL I lack to graduate! Luckily they are all online so I can stay ahead and get as much done before Bubby arrives... but now I'm dreading how hard it's going to be with Boogie being a toddler and getting into everything and this new exhaustion I'm feeling. Today was rough. I left the same time J did for work to go pick up my books from the bookstore at school, and after waiting in line for 45 minutes I was told that there was a lock on my account and I'd need to go speak to financial aid. Wonderful. Up until this point Boogie was being a very good girl. Waited in financial aid for 45 minutes with about 40 other people, who a vast majority of were waiting for the same reason I was, to be told that it was a simple misunderstanding and to go try again. Luckily the guy who tried checking me out before didn't make me wait in line again and held my books for me until I came back. So about 2 hours later with a grumpy, hungry and sleepy toddler I was finally on my way... to my other errands.

There are only a few things we have left to purchase for Bubby. Main thing being a car seat, which I found the one I wanted at Babies R Us and it's on sale... so hopefully getting that on Friday. Other than that we lack a baby bath tub (we didn't use one with Boogie, we actually showered with her... but I don't see that being remotely possibly this time around), baby mittens (love those things), medela milk storage bags, bibs, and his coming home outfit. So I wanted to price a few things, including other things we don't necessarily need but I'd like to have, and then was going to come home and eat lunch. We got home later than planned, and ending up going to see mom at school (teacher work day)... that was a disaster. Boogie has become a very sensitive little girl and burst into tears when the main teacher mom works with was discussing changes to the room with my mom (they are both loud... we think Boogie thought he was angry with mom or something)... then the other assistant mom works with acted like she was crying (thinking it would make Boogie laugh) and she burst into tears... AGAIN. Yikes! I knew we needed to eat soon, so mom and the other assistant said it was fine to leave Boogie with them while I ran across the street to get us some lunch before heading to mom's house. I was gone MAYBE 15 minutes... and came back to Boogie in tears AGAIN! Needless to say... I was done for the day.

Things were better once we got to mom's, but I was exhausted. Boogie took a cat nap on the porch on my lap and then woke up long enough to play with them for a bit before mom left for her part time job. Now we're home... and luckily Boogie sat in my arms long enough for me to doze for a minute (I'm a light sleeper, she moves I wake up... works out well!) but I think that just made me feel worse!

So anyways, this new exhaustion hitting me is NOT fun. It doesn't make anything easy and I'm praying that I'll get through this semester and be able to graduate! Thanks for reading my mumble jumble of a vent. At least I'm almost in the last trimester.... right?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I'm in my "energy spurt" phase of my pregnancy right now!! It makes life so much easier. I'm dreading when this phase will end. DOn't worry, you are doing great!!

tracie
weddedblissplusbaby.blogspot.com