CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.21.2010

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head...

Despite my true hatred for rain and/or snow... I do love the way rain sounds as it hits the roof on days when I'm stuck indoors doing homework. It's just so peaceful.... until it's time to take the dogs out and I have to get wet. Yuck.

Anyways... so I've updated my blog look, added twitter and etc... so my goal for the next year is to post EVERYDAY. Yes EVERYDAY. I'm determined. Even if I have nothing to write about I want to try and post something and start adding in bible verses again like I used too.

Today is Sunday, and no I didn't go to church. It's been really hard for me trying to find a church I really enjoy going too. But even harder than that is having to go by myself because most of the time Justin has to work. We both really love Biltmore Baptist, but we just can't afford the gas to get out there every week. The other alternatives are our home churches... but I just don't feel at home at mine anymore and my husband's is a little too.... country for me. The last couple of weeks I've been taking some time on Sunday mornings to do my own worship. I either listen to some praise and worship on Pandora and then listen to biltmore baptist or another church I find online... or sometimes I just sit in my office with my guitar and praise the Lord all on my own. As strange as most people might find it... this feels more like worship to me then actually going to church. It's more personal and one on one ya know?

Anyways. Today's plan is to read Hamlet. Yuck. Ok... Shakespeare might have been a great writer but dude... I can't understand a word you wrote. So I'm resorting to cliffnotes.com today. What a lifesaver... I'm not cheating, I promise. I'm reading the actual play in book and reading the cliffnotes as I go so that I can understand it better. Currently, I'm only on Act II, so it's a slow process... but I needed a break so I'm eating some chicken salad and crackers (all ingredients courtesy of Aldi... best grocery store EVER).

OH! Also... Justin and I have started a family game night... yea yea yea... our family only consists of me and him... but oh well. We had a blast last night! We decided to do it on Saturday nights because I don't have classes or anywhere to go the next day except for church if he's off... so it's a good night to do it. We played Disney Scene It & the original Scene It last night... wow. So much fun! If you don't have a family game night, you should totally try it out. The sad truth is that most evenings I am doing homework or watching my "shows" or Justin is playing video games or reading a book... we're bad to just go about our business and not spend time together. We just get so wrapped up in other things! But this was a great way to start doing that again! We got our games out, got some sparkling grape juice (and champagne glasses.... no we don't drink alcohol... and yes we drink sparkling grape juice from champagne glasses. we are soooo cool! note my sarcasm) and cuddled up on the couch for our games. GREAT fun!

Alright... now I really have to get back to the task at hand. I will conquer Hamlet. I will.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted in the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought." Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NIV)

No comments: