CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.16.2011

Been a While...

It's been a while since I posted... I needed a break from blogging, and really I should have taken a break from the internet period. Oh well! Since my last post a lot of things have changed! Last week Boogie really started crawling! She is hysterical... she keeps her left leg bent like you do when you crawl, but she keeps her right leg out so that she can push herself a little further as she crawls. LMBO! In that same day she started pulling up without any help... AND cruising. She likes to walk holding onto the couch. Slow down sweet girl! So, now we have officially baby proofed everything... I think. We bought a gate with a door to go across our living room to block off the desktop and my bookshelf and the kitchen. We moved furniture around, plugged up all the outlets, covered up anything unsafe, and put a gate up to the hallway... and bolted the shelves to the walls. It was a lot to do.. but we finished it all today! Now I feel comfortable leaving Boogie in the living room if I need to cook dinner, run to the bathroom, or do laundry!

This week was also our 4 year wedding anniversary (and sweet Andrew's first birthday! happy birthday little man!). We didn't go out, but I made a yummy (and very unhealthy) dinner... it was fried porkchops, mashed potatoes, baked macaroni and cheese, homemade rolls, and steamed broccoli. We invited my parents over to  help us eat (and to celebrate mom's birthday as well)... and then finished off the night by watching Vampire Diaries and putting Elah to bed. That's my life! I love it!

J has started his new job, he comes home in an awesome mood, he's not extremely tired, and he gets to spend time with our daughter before she goes to bed. He loves it! I'm so excited for him, and I know this is a huge weight off of his shoulders!

We went on "vacation" last weekend to Gatlinburg... our goal was to get every bit of clothing Boogie's going to need this winter and spring/summer. Yes, I buy ahead of time, even if it means she MIGHT not fit in it the entire summer... I still got it for a fraction of the cost I would get it next summer! We got everything she needs, everything J and I needed, and a few extras. I'm still trying to decide whether Boogie really needs a heavy coat this winter or not.. it's not like she's going to be out in the weather much, she can't wear a big coat in her car seat... and I just don't think it's necessary. But there's always that what if... you know? Boogie didn't do as well as we hoped on vacation unfortunately. She HATES riding in the car, I mean HATES. She gets super upset, then falls asleep, and then vomits EVERYWHERE. It was horrible. And she normally does really well in restaraunts... not so much this time. Let's just say it's going to be a long time before we take another trip!

I think that about covers it! Boogie is getting so big, she's constantly learning new things and she continuously surprises me. She does a little better at night, but we still have our rough nights. School is... going. I'm ready to be done. And yea. That's it. So.... bye!


No comments: