CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.03.2011

My Hiding Place

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)


I am desperate for a hiding place right now. I have become a recluse because of things like this, I don't like making friends with other mothers because of things like this... and I want to HIDE because of things like this. I'm vulnerable and broken and the only thing I know to do is to just fall down on my knees and cry to the ONE who can protect me. Words can be incredibly hurtful. This is the second time I've written a post like this in mere weeks and it's all about my parenting choices. I may be a first time mom but I believe I'm a good mom. It's all I've ever wanted to be and all I desire to be. I don't take my parenting choices lightly, I don't just jump and say, "this is what I'm going to do". I seek advice, I seek information, I seek knowledge... I care for my daughter in a way that is right for us and works for us. I'm not clueless. I don't preach. I share my opinions on my blog, I share articles I find that I think are useful, but I never preach nor do I ever shove my opinions down other people's throats. I'm young, but I'm not naive. I don't expect anyone to take my opinions and be done with it... I hope that they take my opinions and continue to seek more information on whatever they're looking for. I'll tell you whatever you want to know about babywearing, breastfeeding, baby led weaning, cloth diapering, whatever.... but I do NOT expect you to take my opinion and make it yours completely. You don't even have to agree with me. That's why it's my opinion, not fact. I can show you facts as well, but you can only take them if you want them.




I'm not even sure where I'm going with this... I just know that I'm hurting and I needed to let it go and writing this is helping me let it go. I find my hiding place in the Lord, I know He can protect me no matter what happens.




No comments: