CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.01.2012

Vacation 2012

I'm sorry I didn't post sooner, however we were having some technical difficulties with our internet this past week which meant I got WAY behind on homework! The GOOD news is that I only have a few weeks left before I'm finished with everything, aside from a few quizzes and exams I need to discuss with my instructor about opening early for me :-D

Anyways, vacation didn't start out with a bang, but overall it was a lot of fun! We got almost all of our Christmas shopping done, got everything the kids need for fall and winter and we had a ton of fun spending time together as a family. The first night, we actually drove out there (it's about a 2 hour drive) after J got off work on Saturday night. So Boogie slept the entire way, and was WIDE awake at 8:30ish pm when we got there. And she didn't sleep until almost midnight. It was awful. We originally took the pack n play, but we all know that Boogie is too much of a big girl to sleep in that... or at least we know that now! The beds were too high for her to sleep by herself on them and I didn't want to sleep with her because this child is a wiggle worm and I didn't want her kicking me. So, since I couldn't sleep with her that meant it still wasn't safe for just J to sleep with her in the other bed because she would probably still fall off (ya know... the wiggle worm). What did we do? Pulled the mattress into the floor. Yea. (Please forgive the vacation pics... we took both our DSLR and digital camera and ended up just using J's smartphone, lol!)

Obviously Boogie thought it was great fun... you can see her diving onto the bed in this picture!

Other than that debacle everything else went pretty smoothly. Sunday we spent the day in Knoxville, we like going to the Turkey Creek Crossing Shopping Area (lots of great stores... Super Target, Old Navy, Hobby Lobby, etc etc.) and then we went to the West Town Mall. When we got back into Pigeon Forge we did some shopping at the Tanger outlet, but it was absolutely packed so we got dinner and then headed back to our hotel. Monday we went back to Tanger and then spent some time at a few other shopping areas and then enjoyed the day in Gatlinburg. We thought about visiting the aquarium again, but I was afraid it would make me sick like it did when I was pregnant with Boogie. Overall we had a great time, and we're glad that we got some time away as a family of three before little man gets here!

This was Saturday night when Boogie wouldn't sleep

At our favorite Christmas store in Pigeon Forge




So excited to eat at the Apple Barn! We love the fritters, muffins, and apple butter!




No comments: