CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.17.2009

Decision Made!

I have finally made my decision about school. This fall I will be enrolling in AB Tech's Human Services Technology/Social Services program. This program includes various classes in psychology, social services and etc. It's a 2 year program - that is 4 regular semesters and a summer semester. Once I graduate from AB Tech I will pursue some sort of job, whether it be in a county office helping with social services or as an assistant teacher. While working I will then apply at Mars Hill for their Adult Program in Elementary Education which hopefully will take less than 3 years. Once I get my teaching license and find a teaching job, and after I have worked for a year I will apply at Montreat College (or maybe Western) for my Masters. I'm really excited about this! I think that the program at AB Tech will give me insight to special needs children and those at risk (I'm talking about kids in foster homes, abusive homes and etc.) I'm hoping this will give me a range of oppurtunities. If possible I might also try and get my psychology degree (although this will be wayyy down the road after I get my masters and have children! haha!). I think I'm being very ambitious, but I KNOW that I can do this. I am determined to do this and succeed.

Also, just recently my husband's aunt offered us a place to stay in her previous home (that she still owns). It is an old trailer, it needs a lot of work, but we are willing to put forth the work if need be. She will not charge us rent, we will have to pay the lot rent and utilties (total making it 300/month which is exactly what we're paying my inlaws for ONE tiny room). It's not a definate possibility yet, because currently Justin's aunt's boyfriend's son (I know confusing) is living there but is "supposably" moving out in June. We're praying that this works out, we really need this right now!

Anyways, I just wanted to give you an update on my life ;) With God.... alllllll things are possible!

1 comment:

Janelle Flint said...

I love you...
I am proud of you....
I support you....
I believe in you...
I value you....
I respect you....
I appreciate you...
I count it a privilege to be your friend...
I'm dreaming big with you and FOR you Sarah...