CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.24.2009

Encouraged

I was flipping through my mom's NLT version of the One Year Bible and decided to read todays section. The second set of verses was from Psalms 119:17-32. These passages really blessed me and encouraged me and I hope they do the same for you!

Be good to your servant, that I may live and obey your word.
Open my eyes to see the wondersful truths in your law.
I am but a foreigner here on earth; I need the guidance of your commands.
Don't hide from me!
I am overwhelmed continually with a desire for your laws.
You rebuke those cursed proud ones who wander from your commands.
Don't let them scorn and insult me,
for I have obeyed your decrees.
Even princes sit and speak against me, but I will meditate on your principles.
Your decrees please me; they give me wise advice.
I lie in the dust, completely discouraged; revive me by your word.
I told you my pans, and you answered.
Now teach me your principles.
Help me understand the meaning of your commandments, and I will meditate on your wonderful miracles.
I weep with grief; encourage me by your word.
Keep me from lying to myself; give me the privilege of knowing your law.
I have chosen to be faithful; I have determined to live by your laws.
I cling to your decrees.
Lord, don't let me be put to shame!
If you will help me, I will run to follow your commands.

No comments: