We go shopping ONCE a month and we try not to go back to the grocery store except for necessities (milk, bread, etc). We shop for the majority of our groceries at Aldi (super cheap, pretty decent quality) and then finish off at Ingles. One of the main reasons we choose to shop once a month is because the only Aldi near us is about 20 minutes away and with gas prices they way they are... it's just not practical to drive to Aldi more than once a month. The only other times we make a trip to Asheville is if we have doctor's appointments or if I need to see my advisor or buy books at school. Occasionally if we have the extra cash we'll go out to eat or stop at the mall... but normally we avoid Asheville.
Anyways, this month I have chosen 14 dinner meals, the majority of those meals will make enough for leftovers for both lunch and dinner the next day. When there's not enough for both lunch and dinner we'll have sandwiches those days. I've also chosen 5 breakfast items that will be good for about 2 weeks and then in between those we'll have cereal or oatmeal. So... here's the plan.
- White Chicken Chili (w/garlic bread and a salad)
- Taco Soup (w/ white cheese dip and chips on the side)
- Basic Potato Soup (w/salad and a veggie)
- Taco Salad
- Mix and Match Chicken Soup (w/a sandwich or some kind of bread on the side)
- Farmer's Casserole (w/veggie and baked potato)
- Hearty French Onion Soup (w/a sandwich)
- Stromboli (w/salad)
- BBQ Chicken (w/veggie and baked potato OR roll)
- Blake's Burritos (w/rice and beans on the side) **courtesy of Blake and Elah's best friend Taylor!**
- Wings (w/baked fries and a veggie)... by far my favorite and most unhealthy meal... but it's a MUST!
- Texas Pete Chicken (w/veggies and mashed potatoes)
- Garlic Chicken (w/veggies and bread)
- Chicken Salad (w/crackers or bread and a side of veggies)
- Sandwiches (w/chips or soup) to fill when no leftovers are available
- Breakfast Burritos (w/fruit)
- Muffins (w/fruit or yogurt)
- Breakfast Quiche (w/fruit)
- Biscuits and Gravy (w/eggs)
- Pancakes (w/eggs)
- Cereal (w/fruit)
- Oatmeal (w/fruit)