CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.02.2008

"I Have Overcome the World"

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a special phone that had one button on it labeled "Father"? A one push dial that dialed us directly to God! Sometimes, and everyone goes through this, you just struggle listening to Him... you struggle hearing what He has to say! There are days when I just want to call him up and say, "Hey Dad, how ya doing today? Could you help me out with something, I need a little Father-Daughter advice!" How cool would that be?

Well, since that's obviously not a real life gizmo or anything, I found something that's been helping me the last couple of weeks. It's called God's Yellow Pages. It's SO cool! There are three columns, each for different situations. The first column is called, "Where to look when..." with different categories like: Where to look when you're afraid, bitter, facing crisis... etc. The second column is called, "Christian Virtues & Character" with different categories like: Cleanliness, faithfulness, kindness and even stewardship. The third, and last, column is called, "Teachings about life's problems" with different categories like: Anxiety, death, fear, and submission. Each category in each column have links to lots of verses you can use for encouragement, hope & understanding. I think that's pretty close to a direct dial to Christ!

The reason I posted about this, is because I am just exhausted. I'm tired of the same old same old... I'm physically drained and emotionally drained. I was looking for an answer and was looking through the 'Yellow Pages' for a little understanding and I found this...

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
-Matthew 11:28-30

I found my rest in Him... pretty simple right? Not so simple... it takes a lot to rest your burdens on Him and just let Him take care of you and your problems. You have to literally pick off the garbage, dirt and sin and hand it over to him... well sort of. That's hard to do though, you know? But I'm working on it, and He's working through me...

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
-John 16:33

1 comment:

Aleta said...

I remember reading a book titled, "Dancing in the arms of God" ~ great book. At one point, the author states that you need to lift your arms up and offer to God what concerns you have, what fears are troubling you and give them to Him. He will take the burden and let Him take the lead for the solution. It's not easy, but it is powerful.

Thanks for sharing the Yellow Pages ~ pretty cool!