CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.25.2011

A Little Bit of This... A Little Bit of That...

Can you believe it? I sure can't! I never thought I'd get to the end of this semester! I was so sure I could handle taking 4 classes online AND being a SAHM to my Boogie... little did I know how high maintenance Boogie would be! I guess I should have known though right? LOL! She really is a wonderful baby, but it's hard to get things done, especially homework, when this little girl refuses to be put down and wants your undivided attention ALL the time. I started out taking Principles of Biology, Sociology of the Family, Social Psychology, and Critical Thinking. What was I thinking when I signed up for Biology? I mean REALLY? That was a horrible mistake. The other three weren't as bad, however Social Psychology was ridiculous... the way the instructor set it all up was crazy and confusing. It's not her fault that I did poorly, I just had a horrible time trying to figure everything out and missed several due dates and therefore did very poorly on her tests. So in the end I dropped those two classes and am now acing my last two classes and ENJOYING them. That's what matters right? So instead of graduating this Fall, I will be graduating in the Spring. It might be taking me 3 years to get my AA, but this little girl is totally worth the extra time :)


This week Elah turns 4 months old... yikes. Didn't I just write about her turning 3 months old? She's starting to grab things, hold things, and put things in her mouth (yea....). She's definately teething, and that "4 Month Sleep Regression" I've heard and read other momma's talk about... we're experiencing it. NOT fun. Vacation was definately a sleep vacation... one night she slept close to 9 hours! Now I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 out of her. I shouldn't complain though, it could be much worse!

I've been practicing putting Elah on my back in the woven wrap... it's much more difficult than wearing her on my chest, and not only are my arms short, but Elah is so little it's hard to reach behind me and her to wrap her appropriately LOL! Here's a few photos to show you how I've done:



I look ROUGH in the second picture... but that's because Elah and I... well I walked from our apartment to my mom's house. That's approximately 1.5 miles with a child on my back, a diaper bag, and it quickly went from a nice cool morning to HOT. It was worth it though! I can't seem to get Elah as high up on my back as I would like... but like I said, I'm still working on it. What kills me is how people seem to think she's uncomfortable or she's in danger... so let me just say... babywearing is safe if you do it correctly. I wouldn't wear Elah if I didn't believe with my whole heart that it was safe. Sure, it's a little harder to get her on my back, but I would never put her in danger. I seriously wish I could have photographed some of the looks I got walking that day... how do you think people in Jesus' day carried their children? I bet a lot of them did this! Ok... off my soap box. But seriously, babywearing is AWESOME!

Elah's dedication is coming up soon as well! We haven't set a date yet, but we are really excited to finally publicly dedicate our daughter to the One who blessed us with her. We're going to be doing things a little differently, but it will be just as special. Her godparents are going to lead the dedication, I couldn't choose a better couple to be her godparents and who better to dedicate her than them?

After all that rambling... I really have no idea how to end this.... so.... I'll leave you with this:
"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3.


No comments: