CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.02.2008

Life in General

You know, I seriously think that this world believes that anyone can get buy on a few dimes. Like we don't have bills to pay, or don't need money to survive and to save. The nursing home keeps cutting Justin's hours, they give him extra days off when he doesn't want or need them, schedules him for shifts that give him less hours... but they expect him to compensate for all the stupid idiots he works with. They are taking advantage of him, and it's really starting to tick me off!

This nursing home that Justin works at has less residents lately (probably because they don't take care of their residents... I've worked there and saw it with my own eyes) so they can't pay their bills apparently... but they can buy new chairs for the dining room.... Does that sound fishy to you? Justin said that there are a lot of CNA's quitting, and they can't keep anyone in the dishroom or kitchen because they all quit. But they also won't hire more help, nor will they give my husband or his coworkers a FT work week or better pay. It's just getting ridiculous!

I really hope that Justin can find a job in Tennessee that he loves doing, and that pays well and has good benefits... but the reality is that it won't happen. I hate my job, but I know that its a good job. They pay OK, they have excellent benefits, and I have paid sick leave and vacation days. So I'm pretty set, but my checks alone won't pay the bills.

I'm tired of stressing over it and worrying if we're gonna be scraping by at the end of the month. I'm ready to start a family, and the way it's looking, it's not happening anytime soon. And that sucks, because one of things I've always dreamed of being was a mommy.

No comments: