CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.05.2011

Full of Dreams

So lately I've been doing a lot of dreaming, dreaming about what I want to do with my life... I thought for sure that I was going to be a teacher. I thought for sure I wanted to work in a school teaching children, but now that I am a mother I'd rather stay home, teach my own children, and enjoy the moments I may have missed if I had decided to work out of my home. I've toyed with the idea of opening an online craft shop, but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I want to do... I want to do something bigger. I live in an area known for having people of a "crunchy" nature, and while we have a natural baby store (or perhaps two) in town, there isn't one closer to me. This could be way out of the range of what I could ever accomplish, but I'm hoping that at some point I can possibly make it come true. I want to open a store that sells cloth diapers, baby carriers and wraps, cloth diaper safe detergents, leggies, natural and organic products for mommy and baby... we dont' have anything like that in this little town, and it might not even be something that would work in this town. It would cost a lot to get started... it might not even work... but I'm dreaming!

Other than dreaming big, I'm looking forward to quite a few things in the next few weeks. I'm embracing motherhood and being a homemaker... I'm learning to love cooking! (However... I'm still learning how to love cleaning, lol!) I've started menu planning, and while we don't always follow it exactly, it is helpful when we go to buy groceries and restock our pantry. I love grocery shopping, especially now that we have a plan in place to do so. So tomorrow is our errand day... we are going to get groceries, running errands to school, and then I have to find a large bucket to die my wrap fabric in.... SQUEEEEEE!!! I can't wait to finish my new wrap! Next weekend we are meeting up with a fellow mommy that I went to high school with to get some pictures of Elah. (I love pictures, can you tell?) She is building up her portfolio, and she is a phenomenal momma to her beautiful little girl. She continues to amaze me, she's a full time student, a full time mommy, a full time wife, and she still manages to find time to take some AMAZING photos! I hope to share some after we get done :) Check out Courtney M Photography! And then, on the 27th we will be having Elah's dedication. Janelle and Nathan, Boogie's godparents, will be "leading" the ceremony... it's not necessarily a ceremony though, more of a celebration and prayer session for my beautiful little girl! A dedication is basically our way of saying that although we are Elah's earthly parents, we realize that she is God's child first and foremost, and we are giving this beautiful gift back to Him. We will prayer for her future, her faith, and her health... and I'm so looking forward to it!

I think that's about it... atleast that's a pretty decent update right?

No comments: