CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.14.2011

Handling Changes

We are in our second weekend of Justin's new shift (doubles on the weekends, two 5-hour shifts during the week), and I think it's going fairly well. I spend the majority of the weekends at mom's, we work on crafts, love on Elah, and just enjoy being over at Nene's. It's definately strange being without Justin from basically Friday night- Monday morning, I guess in a way I'm experiencing a little bit of what a single parent goes through. Honestly, God bless all you single parents... I don't know how you do it! Elah is a great baby, but it's nice to have someone to hand her over to when her daddy gets home from work! And now that he works until 8 pm and has to be back in bed by 9pm to get enough sleep for the next day, there isn't much time in between for him to do much to help on the weekends. It's not so bad when I can get to mom's house, and really spending the day with Elah alone isn't bad at all, but I think we all know that everyone needs a break here and there! I can usually manage about 30-45 minutes to myself by putting Boogie in her door jumper, and our dear friend Christa is sharing her son's jumparoo so I'm sure that will help as well!

The plan for weekends was for me to have microwave, quick, easy food for dinners, but I'm not enjoying that so much... so I threw (well, not literally) Elah in the moby for a quick nap and I sauteed some zucchini, yellow squash, onions, and multi-colored bell peppers with a mesquite flavored chicken breast... and as soon as that's done I'm going to have it over quinoa! It's wierd cooking for one person, but most likely I'll have leftovers for Justin to have when he gets home (although he's not a fan of quinoa) or leftovers for tomorrow night!

Now that Elah is fast asleep on my chest, I think I'll go try to get some laundry done...but how much you want to bet she'll wake up as soon as I open that laundry room door....?

No comments: