CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.15.2011

23!

Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to meeee! Happy birthday to me! LOL... yes today is my birthday! I love birthdays... and this one is a zillion times better because the best gift I could have asked for is finally in my life. Elah. What more could I ask for? She laughed for my mom on Sunday, just a little giggle... but she LAUGHED! Of course, she has YET to do it again, but hopefully we'll start hearing her giggle again!

To celebrate, J is making hot wings and baked fries for dinner tonight, and mom will probably stop by to say hello... but ya know she's coming more for Nene cuddles with Boogie ;-) But that's ok, because that will give me time to take a nice hot birthday bubble bath!

I'd also like to finally share more about all the drama and stress that we've been facing with J's job. Hopefully he won't mind me sharing so much, but I really am proud of  him! A month or so ago J was informed that the majority of the "head honchos" at the nursing center he works with were leaving and going to a new facility in a town about an hour from here. The owner of that facility used to own the facility J is at now, so most of the staff that were leaving knew him from that. Before finding this out, J started taking his dietary management certification class and had planned on doing his fieldwork with his manager, Cathy. Now that she was leaving, he wasn't sure what to do or who to turn to for support.

A week or so after finding out all of this information, J was offered a position at the new facility. It was a great oppurtunity, he would still be able to complete his fieldwork with a manager he knew well and trusted, there was a chance of promotion in the future, and it's always exciting (yet scary) to go somewhere new. He struggled with the decision to stay or go... I know it stressed him out. And honestly, it stressed me out as well. Moving as a family of 2 is no big deal... add in a baby, and that adds a whole different level of stress that I just can't explain.

Two weeks ago (or so?) Justin found out that he might not be guaranteed his current position if he stayed, so of course, my poor husband being the worrier he is, was worried to death. He had pretty much decided then and there that he was going to give his 2 week notice in April and take the job at the new facility. We even looked at apartments online, and went to see one about 45 minutes from here... it was awful.

So what happened next? As if we hadn't been through ups and downs with this decision already... J was then told that he would be guaranteed his job if he stayed... so here he goes trying to decide what to do now. We knew that if he decided to take the new job he would have to start that job by driving back and forth an hour there and an hour back... we just could not find a home appropriate for us and Boogie to move too. It was a hard decision to make.

Well... all I can say is GOD IS GOOD. Last week, Cathy informed J that the new CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) that was taking over her position was most likely going to offer him the Assistant Manager position... meaning a promotion and a pay raise. We didn't want to get excited, we had heard similar stories before with no positive results... well guess what? Yesterday J was offered the job! I wish I could have snapped a picture of the huge smile on his face when he walked in the door today. He was so excited, and I can't tell you how proud I am of him. He has come so far in the 5 years we have been together. Next month will be 5 years since he got his GED, and that was a lot of work for him! And now look at him! A managment position, and taking classes to take his career farther than I ever imagined he would. He is doing what he loves, and I know he is excited. Congratulations baby!

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" -Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: