CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.04.2011

Through a Whisper

Something I don't look forward to is losing my cool and yelling at my kids... I am hoping and praying that I will never do that, but I know that I am one to lose my patience and raise my voice sometimes. My husband is the same way... except he does it more with Mudgett (LOL)... and yes, my husband can talk loud believe it or not! Lo and behold..... guess what tonight's devotion was about?

From I Kings 19:12, "And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there was a sound of a gentle whisper."

I'm going to make this short and sweet tonight.... whether you are dealing with your children... your spouse... or a crazy mutt like Mudgett. You do NOT have to put fear in them by raising your voice... be that gentle firm whisper. I know it works on Mudgett! ;-)

"A gentle voice, rather than loud yelling, often effectively produces desirable behavior changes."
-Carol Hatheway Scott

No comments: