CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

12.04.2010

Not to Get Mushy...

I'm sure that the closer we get to Boogie's birthday the more my hormones are going to kick in. I already knew how amazing and sweet my dear hubby was before... but wow! He's really gotten into this whole blogging thing, and he doesn't sugar coat what he writes, it comes straight from his heart. I get teary eyed every time I read something new he has written! Sure, he can be a real butt some days and get on my nerves, but at the end of the day I know how much he loves and adores me, and that's all that matters.

The way he reacts when he sees Boogie move in my belly, or when he feels her kick against his hand... the way he talks about our future with our daughter and all the things he plans on teaching her. He's going to be an outstanding dad... a protective, perhaps a little overbearing dad... but most of all an AMAZING father.

The last blog he posted was about how jumpy he's getting the closer we are to delivery... what he doesn't know is that he's been like that the ENTIRE pregnancy LOL! In the first 32 weeks (yes, 32 weeks) when I was up throwing up almost everyday, he would rush to my side with huge wide eyes and ask if I was ok. Ofcourse, as I'm puking and my face is turning blood red from bursting veins, all I wanted to do was scream at him and say "NO!" I woke up yesterday with a cold and this morning had to run to the bathroom to blow my nose and (tmi) spit out all the gunk that had gone down my throat so that I wouldn't throw up... I've never seen that boy run so fast in my life! I think he thought I was getting sick again... oh J!

It will be interesting to see how he handles different things when Boogie finally gets here. Diaper changes... boy that's going to be fun! I doubt J ever thought he would be with a woman who wanted to cloth diaper, babywear, and all those crazy things that people think only "hippys" try! I wonder how he'll handle Boogie's first fever, or first runny nose... he freaks when that happens to me, so there's no telling what he'll do when it's Boogie who's sick. If she is as clumsy and accident-prone as I was growing up (I surely hope not)... she could have many broken bones in her future... I don't even want to think about how he will handle that! It's wierd knowing that I may be the calm one in situations like that. We shall see!

My dear, sweet hubby has a lot in store with him... this little girl already has her tiny fingers wrapped around his heart and I'm sure she won't be letting go anytime soon. I've prepared him in every way that I could... now it's all up to him and God to get him through the rest! If anything, I am continually reminded of how blessed I am to have a man who is willing to love me and care for me the way he does.

No comments: